Thursday, April 14, 2011

Day 33

Hello all from Shreveport, LA. Todays ride was uneventful for being my last day riding. I rode about 67 miles today to get to my hotel for the next 2 nights. The weather was cooler and cloudy today which made for a nice ride. I got into Shreveport about 3 this afternoon, checked in my hotel and went to the UPS store to look into shipping my bike back to Colorado. They didn't have a box for me today but should have one tomorrow. Todays ride was sad for me but happy at the same time. I never thought that I would get this far, I am glad that I attempted to ride from coast to coast. I will remember this trip for a long time. I am excited to get back home and see my family again, but I am extremely excited to be able to see and hold my new granddaughter Orly. Thank you again to everyone who helped me along my way getting me here to Shreveport. I hope that next year I can try to finish off what I started and make it to the Atlantic Ocean.

Till next time, Jochen


My ending point of my ride, Shreveport, LA

Todays ride to Shreveport. LA (67 Miles)
My ride from California (1633 miles)

3 comments:

  1. I tried to post a comment earlier but I don't think it went through. I'm so impressed that you made it over 1600 miles. How exciting. Makes me want to do something exciting, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jochen....this has been such an exciting trip to view (tho vicariously through you). Thank you for your inspiration and endurance!! Safe trip back to Colorado....you should feel very proud of yourself...Great trip. Donna (Linda's sister from Iowa)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We had a great time riding with you through Arizona and Texas. Congrats on making it to Louisanna, and enjoy the time with the family.

    ReplyDelete